Heres my yummy Vietnamese inspired beef burger filled with pickled cucumbers, carrots, and onions. Spread on a bit of homemade sriracha mayo and you have your self a deliciously easy weeknight dinner!
*This post may contain ads/affiliate links, anything purchased through these links help support my blog, AlwaysHungry. <3
The combination of the cool crisp cucumber, carrots and onions, the zesty lime and the slightly spicy sriracha mayo is refreshing, full of flavor and easy to make! Pair this tasty burger with a side of oven baked carrot fries for a sweet and savory side dish.
Vietnamese Inspired Beef Burger Recipe
Yield 2, Double if needed
- 8 oz ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potato buns
- 1/2 cucumber cut into thin half moons
- 1 Lime zested and quartered
- 1 tsp sriracha (more or less depending on desired spice level)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Mayo
- Salt and pepper
- Using a medium size bowl add the grated carrots, cucumber, onions, lime juice from half of the lime and a pinch of salt and pepper. Put in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat the burger.
- In a small bowl, combine the Mayo, sriracha, a pinch of garlic, a squeeze of lime and salt and pepper. Put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl add the ground beef, soy sauce, lime zest, remaining garlic, 2 tsp sugar and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into 2 burger patties a bit wider than the size of the buns.
- On a large pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium high heat. Add the beef patties and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. While the burgers are cooking, toast the buns if desired.
- Assemble the burger; buns, beef patties, pickled veggies and the spicy Mayo. Enjoy with a side of baked carrot fries and a lime wedge!
Need a side dish go with your Vietnamese beef burger? Check out my oven-baked carrot fries recipe HERE
Support the blog
Help me make the blog. By making a contribution, you will help me to create yummy recipes that you enjoy!<3