Bring the Diner to your home with this cream cheese stuffed turkey burgers with caramelized onions and a cajun aioli.
*This post contains affiliate links/ads, anything purchased through these links I may receive a commission. This money helps support my blog, Hungry Always.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Serving size 2 people, double if needed
- 2 Buns or Bagels
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon shredded mild cheddar cheese ( or your preference of cheese)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- canola oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Add the shredded cheese and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, evenly combine together the ground turkey, season with 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning, a pinch of salt and pepper. Form the meat into 4 thin patties that are a little bit wider than the bun. Divide the cream cheese mixture in the center of 2 of the patties. Top with the remaining turkey burger patties and seal the edges. Put the patties in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced onions and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, cook for 8-10 minutes stirring every once in a while. Add 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp of sugar, cook for 3 more minutes stirring occasionally. transfer to a bowl and clean out the pan.
- While the onions cook, mix together the mayo, 1/4 tsp of cajun seasoning, minced garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a drizzle of oil of the same pan used for the onions over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed patties and cook until the turkey is cooked through, 4-7 minutes per side.
- Toast your buns or burgers, add the turkey patties, caramelized onions and cajun aioli. Serve with wing stop seasoned french fries, air fryer zucchini chips or a fresh salad!
Need more tasty dinner Recipes? Check out my Asian style sloppy joe recipe HERE.
Support the blog
Help us make Hungry Always. By making a contribution, you will help us to make delicious recipes.