This One-Pot Cajun Pasta recipe is fast, easy and delicious! A perfect weeknight dinner that is sure to become a family favorite.
*this post may contain ads or affiliate links that I may receive a commission. This money helps support my recipe development ❤️
You will LOVE the creamy tomato and cream cheese sauce and Cajun ground turkey combo with beautifully cooked rigatoni noodles. I’m drooling thinking about it. 😝
Tools you will need for this recipe
One-Pot Cajun Pasta Recipe
serving size- 4-5
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 16 oz ground Turkey
- 1 yellow onion , finely diced
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 14 oz chopped tomatoes (including juice)
- 14 oz pasta rigatoni
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese (save some for topping)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ tsp chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot heat the canola oil. Add the ground turkey over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the diced onion, Cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir the pasta into the pot and lower the heat to a simmer, partially covering the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rigatoni is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until fully incorporated in the sauce. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until combined. Add salt (if needed), black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Top with chopped fresh basil and a little extra grated parmesan and enjoy!
Check out this super easy pizza dough recipe to complete the perfect home cooked Italian dinner