Crunchy Vietnamese Cold Chicken Salad Recipe – A light and healthy chicken and cabbage salad that is delicious and nutritious!
this post may contain ads or affiliate links, these links may pay a commission which helps support my blog!
Salads are not usually enough for my boyfriend and I to eat for dinner, but this is a recipe is an exception. It’s filled with crunchy peanuts and bright herbs, a spicy fish sauce based dressing and chunks of delicious chicken. It’s also very simple to make!
Vietnamese Crunchy Chicken Salad
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold (or a use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey (you can substitute with 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- In a large bowl, place all the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- pour the dressing over the salad when you’re ready to serve and toss well.
Need more delicious and easy dinner ideas? Try my Thai Basil Ground Turkey recipe by clicking here