This easy pizza dough by hand makes you 1 huge pizza or 2 Medium pizzas(or even 4 small ones)! Make pizza nights at home a delicious treat with this recipe.
*this post does contain affiliate links for products I love. I may receive a commission which helps support my blog!
Checkout my video to see how to make this pizza dough recipe AND my leftover beef bourguignon dinner pizza creation!
Foolproof homemade pizza crust every time! Add some dried herbs like rosemary or dill to your dough to get a little crazy. Once you make your dough, it can also be refrigerated, place in plastic bag, remove air and tie securely up to 24 hours.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil , plus more for bowl and drizzling
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work area
MIXING BY HAND
- Pour the water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, oil, and salt. Add flour and stir until a dough forms.
- brush another large bowl with a little olive oil. Place dough inside and drizzle a little oil over the top. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times, forming into a round shape. Let rest for about 20 more minutes before using.
- Use or store as is for 1 large pizza, or divide into 2 medium pizzas or 4 for individual pizzas.
**At this point, dough can also be refrigerated, place in plastic bag, remove air and tie securely up to 24 hours.
Baking the pizza
- Pre heat oven to 450°.
- Place dough in desired pizza or cast iron skillet (lightly oiled) and fit dough into desired shapes using your hands.
- Top with your favourite toppings, bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden.