My Thick Herbed Crackers is the perfect addition to a bowl of soup, charcuterie board or even to just snack on. With a few pantry ingredients and fresh herbs, you’ll have tasty, freshly baked crackers in no time!
*this post does contain affiliate links for products I love. I may receive a commission which helps support my blog!
Making herbed crackers has been a current obsession since I’ve learned how easy it is to make! You can get so creative on flavor combos making them super rustic and delicious. I’ve been growing herbs indoors since the beginning of this year and they’ve been flourishing, specifically the dill.
Luckily, this cracker recipe is mostly pantry ingredients except for the fresh herbs. So it’s been really fun to grow things from home and to have herbs like dill, thyme, basil and parsley on hand.
Once you’ve chopped up your herbs, you’ll mix together the flour, salt and sugar. Add the olive oil and water and knead together until you have a dough mixture. Add the mixed herbs and 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning and knead into the doughuntill fully incorporated.
Lightly flour a work surface and the rolling pin,sprinkle some flour over the dough and divide it in half. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape and about 1/4 inch thick. Divide the dough in half vertically. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut almost 10-13 triangles from each dough. Place the triangles on the baking sheet. Prick the dough all over with a fork to prevent puffing. (see below pictures)
Once you bake your crackers, leave them in the oven (with the oven turned off) for about 6 more minutes to brown on the top. Then allow your crackers to cool fully, this is when your crackers will get crunchy! Your crackers should be slightly browned on the top and bottom.
Tools You’ll Need For This Recipe
Thick Herbs Crackers Recipe
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons)salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil (I use canola)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 2 and ½ tablespoons fresh herbs, roughly chopped (I used thyme, dill, 1 basil leaf and parsley)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Note: get creative, use the herbs you have on hand. Make sure it equals 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add in the olive oil and water, mix. Add in the chopped herbs + italian seasoning and mix well with your hands until you have a soft and a little slightly sticky dough. This dough should be very easy to roll out.
- Lightly flour a work surface and the rolling pin,sprinkle some flour over the dough and divide it in half. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape and about 1/4 inch thick(see above pictures) Divide the dough in half vertically. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut 10-13 triangles from each dough. Place the triangles on the baking sheet. Prick holes using a fork over the dough to prevent puffing.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges become golden brown. Check your crackers 5 minutes in to make sure the dough isn’t puffing. Use a fork to prick small holes again if they are puffing. Continue to bake for the remaining 7 minutes
- Once the time is done, turn off the oven and leave the crackers in the over for about 6 minutes or until the top of the crackers turn golden brown. Remove the crackers from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. They will get crunchy as they cool.
- Enjoy with your favorite soup, pasta or just snack on them!