Packed with oven roasted zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes, pungent garlic, crisp chives, and creamy lemon sauce, this roasted vegetable linguine is ready in 40 minutes.
*this post does contain affiliate links for products I love. I may receive a commission which helps support my blog
This roasted vegetable linguine is flexible, so use whatever veggies you have on hand! I actually don’t normally like eating tomatoes, but roasting them brings out a delicious sweetness that goes perfectly in this recipe.
Adding Crimini mushrooms is a good way to provide carbohydrates and protein, but without adding too much fat. They’re low in calories and also contain small amounts of calcium and iron along with even smaller amounts of vitamins. So don’t feel guilty eating this linguine!
Tools You’ll Need For This Recipe
Roasted Vegetable Linguine Recipe
Ingredients: 2-3 servings
- 1 Zucchini, halve and cut into 3/4 inch half moons
- 4 garlic cloves, peel skin off and keep cloves whole
- 1 roma tomato, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 cup of chives, thinly slice
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, quarter
- 6 ounce linguine
- 1 lemon, zest and quarter
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, prep produce (see ingredients)
- Toss zucchini, tomato, and mushrooms on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place garlic cloves in a small piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Cinch into a packet and place on the baking sheet. Roast the garlic for 15-20 min and 20-25 minutes for the veggies. Transfer the garlic to a cutting board and mash the cloves with a fork until smooth.
- While the veggies roasts, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then add the linguine. Cook 9-11 minutes. Keep ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain and return pasta to pot. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat pot with linguine over medium-high heat. Add 2 TBSP butter , mashed garlic, cream cheese, lemon zest, and half the chives. Stir the pasta until fully combined and then add Parmesan. Mix again adding splashes of reserved pasta cooking water as needed, until creamy. Add in roasted veggies and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and gently mix together.
- Top with remaining chives. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side and a homemade herbed cracker!
Looking for more ideas for dinner? Check out my chive dumpling soup recipe— it’s out of this world yummy. <3