These very Easy and Delicious Chicken Fajitas has juicy chicken strips, fresh sauteed peppers and red onions tossed in a southwest seasoning and drizzled with a zesty sour cream sauce. Could it get better?
*this post may contain affiliate links for products I love which helps support my blog!
If you don’t have Southwest Seasoning on hand, you really only need a few spices to make it: cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, smoked paprika, ground coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Check out this blog post from Healthy Ideas Place for an easy southwest seasoning recipe.
Tools You’ll Need For This Recipe
Ingredients: 2-3 Servings
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz Chicken strips
- 1 Green Bell pepper, sliced into strips
- Vegetable oil
- 1 lime zested & quartered
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Southwest seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced ( remove seeds and rib if you want it less spicy
- Salt and pepper
- optional veggies to saute: red bell peppers, long green pepper, carrots
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced bell pepper and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until browned and softened, 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- combine sour cream, lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, ½ tsp southwest seasoning, and 1 tsp water in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a large drizzle of oil to the pan you just used, raise heat to high. Add chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle with remaining southwest seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a dampened paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds to warm them up.
- Divide chicken, pepper, and onion among the 6 tortillas. Drizzle with the zesty sour cream and top with the jalapeño slices, if desired. Enjoy 😉
If you’re looking for a savory recipe, you have to try my Chive Dumpling Soup Recipe! It’s savory and it also happens to be vegetarian!