Creamy Chicken Marsala with a delicious sauce!
*this post may contain affiliate links for products I love which helps support my blog!
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American chicken recipe that includes pan seared chicken cutlets, and deliciously browned mushrooms, and a richly seasoned marsala wine, garlic and herb sauce.
Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter as needed
- 8 ounces (250g) brown or Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (thickened cream, evaporated milk or half and half may also be used)**
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- For preparing the chicken: using the 4 fillets of chicken breasts, place one chicken breast in between sheets of plastic wrap (or a ziplock bag) and use a flat side of a rolling pin to pound and flatten to an even 1/4-inch thickness. Set the flattened chicken breast aside and repeat with remaining breasts.
- Mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil and 2 Tbps of butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until simmering. Fry 2 of the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to warm plate. Repeat the same with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- Afer, in the same pan with remaining Chicken grease, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Pour in the Marsala Wine and the broth and simmer until reduced by half and starting to thicken, (about 10-15 minutes).
- Pour in the heavy cream and add the chicken back into the sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Serve over mashed potatoes(my favorite) rice,, cauliflower rice or noodles, if desired.
Leave me a comment below if you’ve tried Chicken Marsala!