Just thinking about my baked beans is making my tummy grumble with excitement! This is the best side dish recipe to make when you want to impress your friends and family members! They are literally the best baked beans I’ve ever had.
*This post does contain affiliate links of products that have helped me make delicious meals!
I would say this is a very easy recipe with little ingredients. You will definitely want to start this recipe early because it will take 3 hours to bake. But time will result in the best tasting beans you’ve ever had!
The ingredient that makes this recipe stand out is truly the red bell pepper! It adds the a sweet touch pairing perfectly with the yellow onions.
After cooking the bacon, sauté both the red bell peppers and the onions in the bacon oil for about 6-8 minutes.
Then you combine all the ingredients in a large size pot. Top your bean mixture with uncooked pieces of bacon. Then you will bake your baked beans at 300 degrees F for 2.5-3 hours.
The Best Baked Beans Recipe
- 8 strips bacon divided (4 cooked & 4 uncooked) chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup molases
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke(optional)
- 3 cans baked beans (48-50 oz total)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Fry 2/3 of the bacon in a medium skillet and set aside(save 1/3 uncooked bacon).
2. reserve 2 tablespoon of bacon grease, sauté onions and peppers in it for about 6-8 minutes
3. Chop up the cooked bacon into pieces. mix all ingredients together except the 1/3 uncooked bacon into a shallow baking dish.
4. Chop up the uncooked bacon and sprinkle the over the top of the beans
5. bake uncovered for 2.5-3 hours @ 300 degrees
6. Enjoy when warm!
Leave a comment below with your favorite side dish to make/bring to a dinner! Check out my post below for a very easy Focaccia Bread! You will not be able to stop eating it 😋