*This post does contain affiliate links of products that have helped me make delicious meals!
While you’re waiting for your dough to rise is when you’ll make your garlic infused olive oil! This is honestly the best part of the recipe, plus you can use this with so many other things! Click The picture for the recipe for the recipe.
My homemade focaccia with garlic infused olive oil tastes like a cloud lightly covered in garlic and Italian seasoning. If you are a beginner at making bread this is a great recipe to start with.
What also sets this recipe apart is the italian seasoning blend I use! I’ve posted my italian seasoning blend here if you’d like to give it a try!
My boyfriends review: “super light on the inside, slightly crunchy on the outside and it has a garlicky pizza taste. I want to eat them all.”
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread
serving 3-4 people
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon homemade garlic infused olive oil (or normal evoo)
- 1/2 cup warm water you may need less
- In a small bowl, add the water, sugar, and yeast, mix and then cover for ten minutes. After ten minutes if the mixture formed a froth then go ahead with the next step. If you are using instant active yeast you don’t need to let it proof.
- In a different bowl, add the flour and the salt, then gradually add the yeast mixture and knead.
- Knead for 5 minutes, when the dough is smooth and not sticky(add flour 1 tsp at a time if still sticky after 5 minutes), add the garlic infused olive oil and knead for three more minutes. Cover the dough and let it rise in warm place for an hour and a half or until it is double in size.
- Punch the dough and knead for 1 minute.
- Pat or roll the dough into a triangle, round, or square shape, place it on a lightly greased(use the garlic olive oil) baking sheet/pan (If you want the focaccia to be thick and fluffy, bake in a 6″ or 7 inch pan). Make the dough quarter of an inch high if you want crispy focaccia, or make it ½ an inch high for thicker focaccia bread.
- Cover the dough and let it rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 374F
- Using your fingers make dimples on the surface of the dough trying to press the pan
- Brush the dough with the garlic infused olive oil. Sprinkle with flake sea salt and Italian seasoning (or a blend of your choice).
- Bake the focaccia bread for 12 to 13 minutes, until it is golden in color and has reached your desired crispness.