My Spinach Cheese Bites are the best savory appetizer or snack without any meat! They have a delicious cheesy chewy texture with a spinach savory flavor! If you have some spinach, you won’t be disappointed with this recipe.
*This post does contain affiliate links of products that have helped me make delicious meals!
I’m not a person who normally loves salads, especially with spinach. So I wanted to turn my leftover spinach into something I’d actually enjoy eat!
These spinach cheese balls are the perfect snack, appetizer or even breakfast! Even though there is no meat, the cheese balls are very savory. The eggs and breadcrumbs makes it taste like there is sausage in it, but there is none. 😳
If you don’t have breadcrumbs at home, toast 2-3 pieces of toast and crush them up! Then add 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning and there you go!
I’ll even add 1 cup of crushed up parmesan butternut squash crackers with 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning instead of breadcrumbs and it’s delicious 🤤
Spinach Cheese Bites Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 10 oz package fresh chopped spinach( if frozen make sure it’s defrosted, drained)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned gluten free breadcrumbs (or homemade)
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Optional: Red chili flakes and/or green onions, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together everything.
- Form into fist size balls and place on a large greased baking sheet. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on top of each.
- Bake the cheese balls for 20-25 minutes, or until spinach balls are golden brown.
Note: I did about a palm size of my mixture creating 12 cheese balls
I recently wrote a post on my favorite plant based junk foods, click the picture below if you need more yummy snacks!
If you gave this recipe a try, please tag me on instagram at @hannah_alwayshungry or give me a follow! <3