These delicious, easy, homemade gourmet chocolate bars are the cutest DIY Christmas gifts! With a variety of options to top your chocolates, there’s one for all of your loved ones during the holidays!
*This post does contain ads and affiliate links of products that have helped me make delicious recipes which supports my blog! <3
I started my Easy Homemade Gourmet Chocolate Bars by picking my topping, Cinnamon Toast Crunch! I put a few cereal pieces at the bottom of my non stick silicone mold so my chocolate bar is filled me cinnamon goodness. This is where you can get so creative with the toppings – candied bacon, peppermint pieces, Oreos and much more!
Then you’ll add your favorite type of chocolate. For this recipe, I used semisweet and white chocolate chips but you could easily use milk, dark, or something even more bitter.
Melt all of your chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. When that’s melted, remove from heat but keep the bowl over the pot so that it doesn’t cool to quickly.
Slowly pour the Chocolate over the mold. I used a spatula to get the chocolate to cover edges.
Top the gourmet chocolate bars with your favorite toppings and let them sit out for 15 minutes then transfer to the fridge to fully set for at least 25 minutes.
Items You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Easy Homemade Gourmet Chocolate Bars
- 4 silicone chocolate bar molds
- 15 oz your choice of chocolates
- Your choice of toppings: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Oreos, Bacon, Sprinkles, the options are endless
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Melt all of your chocolate then remove the pot from the heat with the bowl still on top. You’ll want to keep it over the pot so the chocolate doesn’t start to harden.
- As your chocolate is melting, add some toppings at the bottom of your mold. This will insure that your candy bar is fully stacked with delicious additives.
- Wipe down the bottom of your bowl as there will be some condensation on there. You don’t want the condensation to drip into your molds. Pour the chocolate into the molds and even out with a spatula.
- Top each chocolate bar with the topping you choose. Let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes then carefully transfer to the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove them from their molds and Enjoy!
NOTE: Wrap each bar in clear cellophane bags and tape down any excess to gift.
Please leave a comment below with your dream chocolate bar toppings!
Also, if you need more gift ideas for the holidays coming up, check out my 2020 Holiday Gift Guide! I found the best gift ideas for everyone and anyone <3
Follow me on Instagram at @hannah_alwayshungry if you need some food recipe inspiration!