Mini Meatball Soup with Herby Croutons
Mini Meatball Soup with Herby Croutons is something I discovered from using the food delivery service EveryPlate. It was so delicious that I needed to figure out how to recreate it so I could make it whenever I wanted!
*This post does contain affiliate links of products that i love and have helped me make delicious meals!
My mini meatball soup with croutons has tender Pork meatballs, vegetables and Israeli Couscous, all simmered in a rich tomato broth topped with deliciously seasoned croutons.
Making croutons is now my favorite thing! I love using Hawaiian loaf bread. It comes out buttery & crunchy on the outside and nice & soft in the inside.
This is the best soup recipe when you want something cozy and loaded with delicious ingredients including onions, carrots, meatballs and my favorite… Israeli couscous!
Tools You’ll Need For This Recipe
Pork Meatball Soup With Croutons Soup
serving size 3-4, Time: 45 minutes
- 4 oz ground pork
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon (you can substitute with 4 1/2 Cups of chicken stock)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Cup shredded parmesan
- 1 Cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (1-2 medium size)
- 1 slice white bread(or any you have)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- black pepper
- **I love adding garbanzo beans if you have any 😊
- Wash and dry produce. Finely chop onion and garlic. Trim, peel, and dice carrot.
- Drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, tomato paste, and 2 tsp Italian Seasoning. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in bouillon and 4 1/2 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, combine pork, panko, 1 tsp of garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper. mix together and then form sausage into ½-inch mini meatballs on plate(I normally have about 25-30 mini meatballs) (To prevent sticking, wet your hands first!) Once the broth is boiling, carefully drop in the mini meatballs. Cook until the meatballs are cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Once meatballs are cooked through, stir couscous into pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer until couscous is al dente, 8-10 minutes. (If soup gets too thick, add a splash of water.) Stir in half the Parmesan (save some for serving) and season with salt and pepper.
- While couscous cooks, cut bread into ½-inch pieces. Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add bread, remaining Italian Seasoning, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook, flipping them until golden brown, 4-6 minutes. (Lower heat if browning too quickly.) Remove pan from heat.
- Divide soup between bowls. Top the soup with croutons and the remaining Parmesan just before serving. Enjoy!!
Also, if you are always hungry like me, check me out on instagram @hannah_alwayshungry <3