Loaded Cheesy Potato Chowder
Like how most great recipes are created, I had a crazy amount of potatoes and I needed to create something delicious before they went bad. Since its fall, I decided to combine a few slow cooker chowder recipes, thus creating the best Loaded Cheesy Potato Chowder I have ever made!
*this post may contain affiliate links for products I love which helps support my blog!
If you’re in the mood for something savory and cozy, I know you’re going to enjoy this creamy potato soup as much as I do. Savory, creamy, and loaded with bacon, green onions, and cheese. My secret ingredient is cream cheese! It adds a terrific creamy texture making it the perfect comfort food.
Tools You’ll Need For this Recipe
Crockpot Potato Chowder Recipe
- 2 lb golden potatoes (about 8 medium), diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cups shredded cheddar (save some for topping the soup)
- 2 green onions sliced
*** tip: if you have an celery and/or carrots in the fridge, add it to the soup! It will be delicious
- Place potatoes, broth, onion, salt, garlic, parsley, thyme and pepper into a 3-6 quart crockpot.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (until the vegetables are tender).
- Meanwhile, lay the bacon out flat on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until it reaches desired crispiness. Let the bacon rest on paper towels before chopping into pieces.
- 30 minutes before the soup is done, Add 8 oz (1 package) of softened cream cheese. Cook for last 30 minutes and stir now and then until combined. Use a Potato Masher to slightly mash up potatoes if needed.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese, and most of the cooked, chopped bacon (reserving some for topping).
- Serve soup and top with remaining cheese, remaining bacon and green onions.
Please let me know how you enjoyed my cheesy Potato Chowder recipe and leave a comment below with your favorite soup to make for the fall season!
Check out my recipe for pf changs dupe chicken lettuce wraps
Check me out on instagram, @hannah_alwayshungry if you’re always hungry too <3