In my household there are always a few overripe bananas laying around making baking banana bread a must! It’s such an easy dessert which requires mostly pantry items, making it super cost effective and delicious 😋
◦ *this post may contain affiliate links for products i truly love!
I love to do a little spin on my banana bread adding a dash of cinnamon. Plus it’s loaded with chocolate chips to make this bread extra special.
Banana bread is a classic bread that I make a lot when it bananas are starting to turn brown. Plus, Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh bread from the oven? I wish I could bottle the smell up and wear it 😝
Items you’ll need for this recipe
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 8.5″x4.5″ loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter until mixed.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour and stir until batter is combined. Add in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. I like to put a few chocolate chips and a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let the banana bread cool completely on rack. Slice and enjoy!
Check out my guide to the best food gifts to get your foodie friends 😋
Follow me on Instagram at @hannah_alwayshungry if you’re always hungry 😋