PF Changs holds a special place in my heart as it’s the first place my now boyfriend had taken me on a date. My go to meal has always been the Chicken Lettuce wraps so I needed to find a super easy dupe that I could make at home.
*this post may contain affiliate links for products i truly love!
While I know this isn’t the exact PF Chang’s recipe, it is pretty dang similar! My boyfriend loves the sauce so much. Plus, it’s very easy to cook this recipe at home, making it the perfect weekday dinner recipe!
What You’ll Need For This Recipe
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving size 2-3 people
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 3 oz shiitake mushrooms diced
- 3 scallions and whites thinly sliced, keep whites separated
- 1 head of romaine lettuce leaves washed and broken or sliced in half horizontally
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lightly packed fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot diced
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk together.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp sesame oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add in ground chicken and cook and stir until crumbled and browned. Add in water chestnuts and mushrooms and white part of green onion. Cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour in sauce and stir into ingredients until ingredients are evenly coated in sauce. Cover skillet with a lid to cook a few minutes and allow ingredients to absorb the sauce. Remove lid, taste and make any adjustments as needed.
- Lay out lettuce leaves onto a plate. Spoon on filling. Garnish with scallions. Serve while filling is still warm.
Check out my Recipe for sweet and spicy ponzu pork meatballs! It’s one of my favorites!
Plus, check me out on instagram if you’re always hungry too ❤