This sweet and spicy ponzu pork meatball recipe is by far my favorite meal we have received from our Everyplate weekly grocery subscription! I loved it so much that I’ve replicated it many times after. This recipe is for 2 people, please double if needed!
*this post may contain ads of products I truly love!
If you have not tried Ponzu, you need to!! Ponzu is this delicious sauce, similar to soy sauce, but it has a delicious tart/tangy flavor! The sriracha adds a very nice spice that’s not overpowering at all!
We normally eat this with rice and garlicky green beans! I like to season the green beans with salt, pepper and garlic. The perfect bite is a half meatball with a bit of rice soaks up the delicious ponzu sauce. Its heavenly
Tools You Will Need For This Recipe
Sweet and Spicy Ponzu Pork Meatballs
Ingredients (serving size: 2 people, double recipe if needed)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 slice white bread
- Ground Pork 8.5 oz
- 1 1/2 t Sriracha(put more if you want it very spicy or less)
- 3 T Ponzu sauce
- 1 T butter
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for Meatballs
- In a medium bowl, soak bread with 3 TBSP water ; let absorb, then break up with your hands until pasty. Add pork, chopped garlic, sriracha, salt (I used ¾ tsp kosher salt; use 1½ tsp for 4 people), and pepper. Mix to combine, then form into 1-inch balls(you should have about 10 meatballs).
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ponzu, ¼ cup water (⅓ cup for 4 servings), and 1½ TBSP sugar (3 TBSP for 4 servings); set aside for the next step.
- Stir in ponzu mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until meatballs are coated in a syrupy glaze, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted.
- Serve meatballs with your preferred sides( rices, mashed potatoes, etc), drizzle remaining glaze on top of the meatballs.
- Enjoy 🙂
*this recipe is for 2 people, make sure to double if needed!
Check me out on instagram @hannah_alwayshungry if you are always hungry too!