There should be no shame in using a brownie box mix.. but sometimes you want the box of brownie mix to taste more homemade. That’s where box brownie mix hacks come into play
- *this post may contain affiliate links for products i truly love!
I LOVE dark chocolate brownies so much, especially when combined with marshmallow and a graham cracker crust 😛
Replacing the water with coffee in my recipe makes the chocolate taste even more chocolatey! It really is amazing.
SHOULD I USE A GLASS OR METAL PAN TO BAKE BROWNIES?
You can use a metal pan and I would recommend decreasing the baking time by 5 minutes. Metal pans heat up faster and can produce chewier brownies.
These simple changes to the recipe on the box include:
- An extra egg! This is key for a chewy brownie. BUT. Whether or not it’s “extra” depends on the mix you’re using – some call for one egg, some call for two. You will be using two eggs for this recipe.
- Use coffee instead of water. You won’t be able to tell there’s coffee in the final product, but coffee makes chocolate taste even more chocolatey!
*This post may contain affiliate links, to products i truly love!
Helpful Tools You’ll Need For This Recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted butter or coconut oil
- Boxed Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (you can use milk or water if you don’t have)
- Tiny Marshmallows
- 2 eggs (brownie box may require 1 or 2, make sure you use 2)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and coconut oil well.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mix according to the box(replacing vegetable oil with 1/2 Cup melted Butter, replacing the water with 1/4 Cup coffee and using 2 eggs total). Add chocolate chips in and mix
- Gently pour over the pressed crust.
- Add a few marshmallows to the top and push them into the mix so the mallows are fully covered 😊(optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees until the brownies are approximately 85% cooked – edges are cooked, but the middle isn’t.
- Then, remove from the oven and…
- Completely cover the brownie with marshmallows.
- Make sure to do a single layer only.
- Finish baking until brownies are done and the marshmallows are golden.
- Cut and serve after the marshmallows have cooled for 10-20 minutes.
Checkout my chocolate chip scones recipe if you love sweets ❤️❤️
Check me out on instagram at @hannah_alwayshungry if you are always hungry too <3