Eggs, fresh spinach, onions and peppers and nutty glorious Gruyere cheese all nestled in a flakey pie crust. What’s not to love about this Delicious Gruyere Quiche Recipe?
I love this quiche because it is so perfect for feeding hungry loved ones during the holiday season, birthday or just gatherings in general! The combination of the gruyere cheese with the red and green bell peppers, onions, garlic flaky crust and delicious bacon is to die for!
You will have enough filling to fill 2 pie crusts, normally when buying frozen pie crusts it comes in packs of 2. I love having enough for leftovers anyways 🙂
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
- Frozen pie crust (usually comes in a two pack)
- 1/2 Cup Bell Peppers, both red and green, diced
- 1/4 Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Egg whites + 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Gruyere Cheese
- 1 pkg. Baby Spinach
- 3–4 slices Bacon or turkey bacon (cook before and rough chop)
- Read frozen pie crust instructions and cook accordingly (if no instructions, preheat to 350 degrees, let the pie crusts sit out to room temp, about 10-15 minutes. Poke a few holes in the bottom of each crust to avoid bubble in crust(be careful to not puncture tin). Cook just the pie crusts for about 10-15 minutes)
- In a small pan, over low/medium heat, add a Tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions, pepper and garlic for 8-10 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add the spinach and cook another few minutes over low heat until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese and bacon. Add the cooled onions and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and pour into the pie crust pans.
- Keep the heat to at 350° F and bake for 45 minutes.
NOTE: You will have enough filling to fill 2 pie crusts(perfect for leftovers). Split recipe in half if you only need one quiche ❤️
Check out my recipe for the best chocolate chip scones to create the perfect Brunch!
Follow me on Instagram @hannah_alwayshungry if you’re always hungry too ❤️❤️