Easy Baked Tortilla Chips that are healthier and great for dipping, topping soups or making nachos.
They keep great for several days stored in a resealable baggie. I love serving them with all kinds of dips and especially love using them to top soups.
All you need are some tortillas, cooking spray and a little sea salt or kosher salt. And a baking sheet and oven, of course 🙂
- 8 tortillas (flour, corn, whole wheat or multigrain)
- canola cooking spray (or Canola if you don’t have spray)
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each tortilla into long strips(about 1in width, 2-2.5in long) with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Arrange tortilla strips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the chips with cooking spray or toss with canola oil and sprinkle each one with a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Bake chips on the top rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, Checking half way and rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until chips are crispy and starting to turn light brown in spots. Oven temperatures vary so if your chips are crispy enough halfway through the baking time, go ahead and remove them.
- Remove from oven and let chips rest on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining wedges or bake them on multiple baking sheets at the same time, rotating which shelf the baking sheets are on halfway through baking time as well.
5. Top on your favorite soup and enjoy!
Check out my Easy Crockpot taco soup recipe if you need delicious dinner ideas!
Follow me on Instagram @hannah_alwayshungry if you’re always hungry too!