I recently tried Elote at a bbq a few weekends ago and it was so good I immediately tried to make it the next day! If you’ve ever tried authentic Elote, it normally is served as a corn on the cob thats been barbecued. Unfortunately, I do not have a bbq at home so i’ve created an Easy One Skillet Mexican Elote
The fresh ingredients make this the perfect quick and easy side dish for tacos, burritos, or you can just eat it for dinner 🙂 How could you not love buttery corn with a creamy sauce, a splash of lime, Tajin seasoning and parmesan cheese.
The best thing about this skillet version is that you can make it with frozen corn, so you can enjoy it all year long.
- 1 Bag frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Crema
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tajin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Wash frozen corn, there should be no ice.
- Drizzle a bit of oil on a large skillet and saute red onions about 5 minutes, add butter, wait until melted and add corn until hot(about 5 minutes). Take off heat and mix in everything thoroughly(save some cilantro to top the dish)
- Serve immediately <3
*this recipe is enough for about 4 people as a side dish! Super easy to double the recipe
Leave a comment below if you’ve ever tried Elote and check me out on instagram, @hannah_alwayshungry if you’re always hungry too 🙂