Crispy Baked Carrot Fries are the perfect healthy side dish to satisfy your guilty cravings! These fries are surprisingly addictive and taste exactly like sweet potatoes fries!
*This post may contain affiliate links, to products i truly love!
I don’t know what kind of magic goes on when you cut a carrot into thin sticks, tossed in olive oil (and some spices) and roasted in the oven, but, yeah, it’s seriously amazing. If you’ve never had carrot fries before, you need to 😉
I tried carrots fries because we always seem to have a bunch of fries in the fridge at all times! I wanted something a little bit more savory, aka fries. This is the perfect “healthy” fix to pair with burgers, sandwiches or just to snack on!
When they’re pulled from the oven, they look just like sweet potato fries, and they taste so much like them that you could definitely trick someone into believing they weren’t carrots at all.
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Crispy Baked Carrot Fries
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 30 mins servings 2-3
- 1 pound medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Sauce or dip of choice to serve (See note)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut carrots into thin sticks and combine in a large bowl with oil, cornstarch, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until browned in spots and crisp, flipping halfway through. Toss the hot carrot fries with chopped or cilantro or parsley and extra salt, if desired. Serve warm with dip.
Leave a comment below or tag me at @hannah_alwayshungry if you try this recipe ❤️